Are Email Marketers all Smoking Crack?

I had another email from someone selling me a newsletter/ campaign about building up my email marketing plan. (You know the drill). I'm not in the least interested in any email marketing. I don't see the sense of it.
First, email is far too cluttered to be reliable as a method of communication.

Second, and more to the point, hasn't texting pretty much replaced email these days?

Writing from the point of view of someone who does not own a mobile phone or do any texting, even I can see that a plan to market via email is something of a dinosaur. So why haven't all these ever so savvy marketing people?
Where are the texting marketing plans?
Where are the sploggy newsletters being sent to everyone's mobile phones?
Why don't I see people complaining about the marketing they get via text?
It's a mystery to me. But, those still selling email marketing are working from old technology and should really move on and stop beating the same poor, old, dead horse.

No comments: